- This event has passed.
ARE YOU READY FOR A MAPLEFEST?!!
~ Sign Up Forms ~
~ Press Release Continued ~
Did you sign up yet? Time is getting short! Maplefest 2016 in Poultney will be here on April 2nd!
There are over 20 different things going on, and some are limited in the number of people who can attend. People from all over the area are converging on Poultney that day; you don’t want to miss out on the fun!
“Cooking with Maple Syrup–Make a Meal with Maple”, for example. Come by yourself for $5.00, or bring a couple of kids with you for just $10.00. The workshop features recipes for delicious pastured pork from the GMC Cerridwen Farm and other locally sourced products. Learn to cook it with maple, and follow up by eating the results! Eleanor Tison and her crew make it fun! Pre-register with the form at www.poultneyvt.com. Forms are also available at Williams Hardware, Stitchy Women, The Original Vermont Store, and Stone Valley Market, all in Poultney.
The Maplefest Craft Fair is growing daily; it’s almost as big as the Poultney Christmas Fair! Already there are crafters signed up with loads of handmade crafts and local products, including painted sap buckets, yarn, knitted items, jewelry, greeting cards, sachet, photographs, art glass, wood and tin products, jams and pickles, quilted items, wooden bowls, goat milk soap, displays of art, and more. Of course there are also delicious baked goods and food specialties. The Craft Fair is almost full; check to see if there are spots left by calling Stitchy Women at 802-287-4114. Thanks to Trish Pescle of Bixby’s Fuel for heading up the Maple Craft Fair.
Register for the 5-K Fun Run now by going to action.com, or www.poultneyvt.com. First 35 paid registrations get Maplefest T-shirts! You can also register on the day of the race at 9 AM at Poultney High School
So here are some of the other events to look forward to:
- Maple Sugarhouse Tours on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Full Town Wide Maplefest 2016 celebration on Saturday starting at 8 AM
- Stonebridge Visitors Center opens at 8 am, with maps to sugarhouses, event schedules, and Maple Scavenger Hunt entries. General information about the area will be available from the Poultney Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Pancake Breakfast with real maple syrup topping at the United Methodist Church, Main Street, hosted by the Poultney Downtown Revitalization Committee and the Poultney Rotary.
- Maplefest Bag Sales: get 20 to 25 percent off any non-sale items you can fit into the green recyclable bags!
- Vermont Sweetwater Bottling Company products available.
Maple Fried Dough and other maple specialties from Pelletier’s Maple.
- The historic Bentley House Bed and Breakfast and Birdhouse Inn Bed and Breakfast will be holding open houses with tours and complimentary snacks.
- Local restaurants will have maple specialties on the menu all day long.
- An official “Maplefest Tree Tapping Ceremony” will be held at 10 AM, with Representative Patti McCoy and a special guest doing the honors.
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides through downtown Poultney, sponsored by the Poultney Area Chamber of Commerce and the Poultney Downtown Revitalization Committee.
- Maplefest Craft Fair at Poultney High School from 10 AM to 3 PM, sponsored by the Poultney Area Chamber of Commerce, headed by Trish Peschl of Bixby’s Fuel. Lunch and refreshments available.
- Maple Cooking and Baking Contest, with all the delicious entries available for sale after the awards are made. Download the form here!
- The Poultney Historical Society will open the historic East Poultney Schoolhouse from 10 AM to 2 PM with tours and exhibits.
- Maple Story Time at the Poultney Public Library at 11 AM, including songs, crafts, and a special Maple snack, courtesy of the Poultney Library Staff. See their expansion plan!
- Maplefest Basket Party at St. Raphael’s Parish Hall on East Main Street starts at 11 AM, with drawings starting at 1 PM, sponsored by the Poultney Area Chamber of Commerce. Soup and sandwiches available from the St. Raphael’s Catholic Women’s Club.
- Poultney First Annual Maple Sugar Flag Football Tournament to raise money for the Shrine Hospitals. Organized by Dave Capman and PHS Boosters and local athletes.
- Poultney’s own Maple Sugar Bear will be based at the Stonebridge Visitors Center to welcome guests, but will also circulate through the town. Have your picture taken with the Sugar Bear! He will also be giving out Sugar Maple Seeds throughout the day.
- Maplefest Dinner at Young At Heart Senior Center in Poultney, Vermont, which is handicapped accessible. Dinner will include maple glazed ham, maple sweet potato mash, vegetable, beverage, and a choice of desserts including maple bread pudding.
- Photos from the event by Linda Atwood from At The Woods Photography.
Updated information and any changes will be posted on the Poultney Area Chamber website at www.poultneyvt.com. More press releases later will carry more information.
~ For More Information ~
Please Contact Mary Lee at Stitchy Women at 802-287-4114, Judy of Lakes Region Radio at 802-287-9031, or Nina at 802-287-2010. You can also use the contact form on this site.
Save The Dates! Saturday, April 2nd and Sunday, April 3rd, for Poultney Maplefest 2016!